Monday, December 12, 2011

Smart and Dumb Reactions To Sardar Biglari and Cracker Barrel.

Here, we see a rather idiotic view of Sardar Biglari's attempt to get on the board of Cracker Barrel, and here, we read a smart view as to why he should be on the board...

While I don't own shares of BH or CBRL, both companies have been of great interest to me for sometime. I would certainly be a lot more willing to invest in a company like CBRL if they actually seemed to care about allocating capital well. Which, as Mr. Biglari points out (in a painstakingly obvious manner, mind you: here, here, here, here, and here), they don't seem to.

If I was a shareholder of CBRL, there is no doubt that I would vote to oust a small minority of the CBRL board, which, wouldn't change the overall makeup by much, but, if history tells us anything, will greatly improve the company's intrinsic value, with the stock price likely following suite.

Disclosure/Disclaimer: I do not own any financial instruments in regard to any of the companies mentioned. I reserve the right to change any of my positions at any time. This is not advice of any kind. Always do a ton of your own research in regard to anything that I say, do, write, or so much as even think about.

1 comment:

Stockview said...

Your not a investor ! so im sure you have not followed the company at all. If anyone is Holding BH Stock they should sell it and Buy cbrl shares. If this is going to happen the Cbrl Shares will increase. BH will drop and CBRL will Double.