Saturday, October 30, 2010

7,000 (ITEXD) for $3k.




Here, we see someone selling just under $7K in ITEX dollars for $3K.

For a company that attempts to market their barter currency as on par with the US Dollar, this is either an exception to the rule, or a really good counter argument for their case... Personally, I have always thought that their currency should realistically be worth some amount less than the USD, simply because it isn't as readily liquid as US Dollars... what that exact amount is, I don't know, though.

I have always wondered what would happen in the ITEX and broader barter communities if there was a round of hyper inflation in the US. Certainly, people would barter more than before, however, I do have my doubts that ITEX dollars would depreciate in value as quickly as the USD.

Please, if anyone knows of any good articles related to this, send them my way for posting... Here is one that I have always found thought provoking.

Disclosure: None. This is not advice. Always do your own research before doing anything that I say, think, or write about.

No comments: