Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is barter counter cyclical?

Here.

For those of us that are fortunate enough to be long ITEX or (as much as I hate to say it) International Monetary Systems; this is an interesting article.

I have no idea how I came across this article, as I found it a while ago and have left it as an open tab for some while. To who ever posted the link, thank you... I have a feeling that it was either Farnam Street or Simoleon Sense, as they are generally the best sites to find good links at. :)

Disclosure: Long ITEX, even though I think that the government will try to shut them down someday... Always do your own research before doing anything. This is not investment advice.

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

I think we should pay attention to this "new" trend. I tried it myself and it's really powerful. In the internet you can find already a lot of Websites that offer bartering and trading. I found a good one (http://www.barterquest.com), where you can barter for almost everything, not only books or stuff like that, people offer a lot of things (Baby Sitting, Web Design, Timeshares, Vacation properties, Notebooks etc.) I'm exciting how this all will develop...