Sunday, February 28, 2010

Belief In Climate Change Hinges On Worldview

I guess this story from from NPR helps to explain why I don't really believe that humans are causing global warming... It apparently stems from my individualist mentality; plus, I fully admit that in the event that we are causing the earth to warm, I wouldn't care, since we could probably (and I say this with a high degree of certainty) reverse the trend and fix the problem without going back to the stone age. In a worst case scenario, if family locating traditions continue, my descendants will be a few hours closer to the beach; as my family has generally done a good job of containing themselves to a 75 mile radius since the time that Kentucky was a part of Virginia. ;)

Actually, now that I think of it, being roughly a 13th generation Kentuckian, I guess that I am more qualified to hold Jim Bunning's Senate seat than our Secretary of State, Trey Grayson- who explains how as a 5th generation Kentuckian he is more suited for the job Rand Paul. As a side note, Rand Paul is doing incredibly well in the polls, has raised a boatload of fiat currency, and is a virtual shoo-in according to Intrade:



Anyway, thanks goes out to my brother for sending the NPR link my way

No comments: